What do we need to do to be successful? Dr. Billy Williams, Ph.D., the President of Inspire a Nation Business Mentoring, shares his knowledge and expertise in business mentoring and the four types of discipline in this episode of the Building Us podcast, hosted by Erik Garcia, CFP®, and Dr. Matt Morris, LPC, LMFT.
- Billy shares how he got his street cred. (6:05)
- Billy mentions one of the things that people have to understand. (6:42)
- What do we need to be doing to have business success this year? (13:58)
- Billy shares the four types of discipline. (20:40)
- Is it possible to automate self-discipline? (27:12)
- What are the most effective ways to make money? (41:45)
- Billy gives a real-world example of how he uses data in his decision-making process. (42:53)
- Billy shares the significance of having automation, technology, and outsourcing. (46:25)
- “I’ve figured out how to succeed at a lot of things. And a lot of people can’t succeed because they’re afraid to fail. And I’ve never been afraid to fail and learn from that failure. You try it, you fail, you learn, you try something else, you fail, you learn, until you figure out what works. Just by the power of elimination, you’re left with what works versus just throwing a whole bunch of stuff at it.” – Dr. Billy Williams, Ph.D.
- “Only a fool thinks they’re the smartest person in the room. And I mean, that’s just not the way it works. You can learn from anybody about anything.” – Dr. Billy Williams, Ph.D.
- “Never rely on self-discipline in your business, it will always fail you. Because self-discipline is nothing more than a form of emotion. It’s tied to your emotions. Think of it as a diet. Everybody that’s on a diet does great, as long as they’re not hungry.” – Dr. Billy Williams, Ph.D.
- Erik Garcia, CFP®
- Dr. Matt Morris, LPC, LMFT
- Garcia Financial Group
- Matt Morris & Associates
- Dr. Billy Williams, Ph.D.
- Inspire a Nation Business Mentoring