Discover how $350,000,000 is making a profound impact in New Orleans! In this episode, Inman Houston, President and CEO of Baptist Community Ministries (BCM), sheds light on how BCM is transforming lives by financially supporting organizations that address crucial community needs in safety, education, and health.
However, the true highlight lies in Inman’s compelling personal narrative. Joined by co-hosts Erik Garcia, CFP®, BFA, and Xavier Angel, CFP®, ChFC, CLTC, Inman shares a deeply personal story about receiving a life-changing gift with profound insight: “Before you can be a good giver, you have to be able to receive other people’s generosity.” Tune in for this moving narrative and gain valuable perspectives on the power of giving and receiving.
- Inman explains that being intentional with budgeting and tracking expenses can help avoid financial challenges. (4:23)
- Inman shares that the Baptist Community Ministries (BCM) is a private foundation with a mission to invest in the needs of people and honor and glorify God through healthcare and grants. (8:10)
- Inman discusses the Congregational Wellness Division’s efforts to train and equip nurses and health advocates to support physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health within local churches, focusing on education, public safety, and health. (16:43)
- Inman explains that to address the challenges and disadvantages individuals face, it is important to focus on preventative measures and addressing the realities of society and culture. (24:09)
- Inman mentions that their foundation is fully funded and encourages listeners to support their grantees by donating online. (32:20)
- Inman shares that it is important to be both a generous giver and a willing recipient of others’ generosity to experience the joy of giving and receiving fully. (38:40)
- “Our work is more funding and catalyzing than engaging directly in the activity. So, we went to a sense of drawing people together for the conversation to try to be creative and developing solutions.” – Inman Houston
- “We just love people who are doing good work, doing it with a high level of integrity, and you have developed sustainable models.” – Inman Houston