Erik has a confession to make… he dislikes budgeting. Yep, even though he created a budgeting course for his clients, he shares why he has an aversion to traditional budgets.
In this episode of the Stuff About Money podcast, Erik Garcia, CFP®, BFA flies solo as he explains his fresh take on budgeting. He gives you 3 reasons why managing your cashflow is foundational to building wealth.
Check out Erik’s “Budgeting Made Easy Course” here: https://www.plan-wisely.com/budget/
- Erik explains that the first step to financial security is becoming spending aware by knowing where your money is going and understanding your spending habits. (4:52)
- Erik mentions that tracking income and expenses gives you control over your spending and empowers you to allocate funds to what’s important to you, making financial decisions with self-control and intention. (5:15)
- Erik shares that budgeting decisions for retirement involves intentionally allocating a percentage of income to savings and investments. (6:58)
- Erik encourages listeners to visit Plan Wisely website and take the Budgeting Made Easy Course to learn about spending, cash flow management, and building a spending plan. (9:00)
- “The first step to reaching any type of financial goal is to become spending aware, right? When you sit down and you look at your expenses, you start to understand your spending habits and the rhythms of how you spend money, you’re spending trends, you’re able to be more accountable to the financial choices that you’re making.” – Erik Garcia, CFP®, BFA
- “When you’re tracking your income and your expenses, and you’re aware of your spending habits, you’re going to be empowered to start to make decisions to reallocate your funds to the things that are most important to you.” – Erik Garcia, CFP®, BFA
- “There’s an intentionality and some purpose in budgeting, for savings and investments.” – Erik Garcia, CFP®, BFA